Alerting

Send request to Service Now

saurabhray25
Engager

I am trying to send my error message recorded in Splunk to ServiceNOW via Custom Python Script.

However, I am failing to hit the SNOW URL

1. The Python Script is getting triggered by Splunk and the error messages too have been extracted in a JSON. This is verified.

2. The ServiceNOW endpoint is accessible through Command Prompt or Postman.

3. However, I am failing to hit the URL when it gets triggered by Splunk.

4. The Splunk instance is on-premise and ServiceNOW mid-server has been created for communication.

I doubt if this is any tunneling issue. The request does not gets triggered only when executed from SPLUNK

Can anyone assist me with a possible solution?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

SSH to Splunk Server.

switch user to user splunk running with.

curl -k -v https://company.service-now.com

see connected to in the output whether that is servicenow IP or proxy IP

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

saurabhray25
Engager

@thambisetty  Thank You for your response. Can you guide me on how to check and handle the proxy?

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

do you have proxy configured on splunk server?

if yes, connection might be going to proxy and proxy might be blocking the connection.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...