Alerting

Need to add value after extracting field

SS1
Path Finder

Hi,

I have the below base search,

index="appv" (sourcetype="AppV-User" *PUT /package*) OR (sourcetype=sql_appv_packageversion) | rex "\/packages\/\w+\/(?<Id>\w+)\s+-\s+\d+\s+(?<User>[^ ]+)" | stats dc(sourcetype) AS dc_sourcetype values(Name) AS Name values(User) AS User BY Id | where dc_sourcetype=2

Statistics of this search is as below,

Id      dc_sourcetype        Name                  User
323      2                            Putty v0.72          User A

I have extracted a field called 'Enabled' which has values of either Enabled=0 or Enabled=1

How do i update my search query so the table is shown as below

Id      dc_sourcetype        Name                  User        Enabled
323      2                            Putty v0.72          User A         0 or 1

Labels (6)
0 Karma

SS1
Path Finder

thanks for the response. I tried this query but Enabled is not giving any value

Id      dc_sourcetype        Name                  User        Enabled
323      2                            Putty v0.72          User A         

0 Karma

Super Champion

@SS1  Does `Enabled` field is getting extracted already? if not then add `Enabled` field extraction logic before stats command.

0 Karma

Super Champion

@SS1  you may want to use values(<fieldname>) as <newfieldname>  like below-

index="appv" (sourcetype="AppV-User" *PUT /package*) OR (sourcetype=sql_appv_packageversion) | rex "\/packages\/\w+\/(?<Id>\w+)\s+-\s+\d+\s+(?<User>[^ ]+)" | stats dc(sourcetype) AS dc_sourcetype values(Name) AS Name values(User) AS User values(Enabled) as Enabled BY Id | where dc_sourcetype=2
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...