Alerting

Machine Learning Outliers in Enterprise Security

daniel_althoff8
Loves-to-Learn

I have set up some Numerical Outlier detections in the MLTK, on our ES Search Head. 

They are set up as alerts in Splunk on our Enterprise Security Search Head. 

The Numerical Outlier alert looks back over a 2 hour time range. Which creates 24 data points (120 mins / 5 min increments = 24 event data points) Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 9.19.57 AM.png

The problem is - in Enterprise Security (since this is a notable event), we receive 24 separate notable events! We correctly only receive 1 email each time the alert fires, but 24 notable events in ES. 

I have the alert set to trigger "Once", rather than "Per Result"

Is there anything else I can do to make sure ES doesn't get slammed with 24 notables every time this alert fires? 

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 9.23.41 AM.png

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...