Alerting

Is there a way to have splunk launch a program to do IR?

crayy8

I just started playing around with Splunk a few days ago and am wondering if there is some way to have splunk alerts trigger an Incident Response program to do a collection?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Yasaswy
Contributor

Hi, Yes you should be able to run a script for an alert action. So the customization options are only limited by the capabilities of the IR program. If it facilitates a scripted trigger you can certainly launch it from Splunk.

You can check out the info on alert actions here.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

crayy8

Hi Yasaswy thanks for the reply! Do you know if there are other ways to trigger programs when specific events occur? Just curious as I like to know all of my options.

Thanks!

0 Karma

Yasaswy
Contributor

Hi ... yw. I am not aware of good options from within splunk other then leveraging the alert actions. However, you can operate out side Splunk and use the Splunk API and REST calls to trigger other programs based on returns from Splunk calls.

Check out the alerts URI

0 Karma

Yasaswy
Contributor

Hi, Yes you should be able to run a script for an alert action. So the customization options are only limited by the capabilities of the IR program. If it facilitates a scripted trigger you can certainly launch it from Splunk.

You can check out the info on alert actions here.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...