Alerting

Is there a way i can create custom notification triggers in Splunk?

sabdulkader

Is there a way i can create custom notification triggers in Splunk?

For example, if a restart of the server is initiated or a software is installed on the servers etc.

And it would send an email automatically informing the same. Please help

Thanks & Regards,
Siraj

0 Karma
1 Solution

victor_menezes
Path Finder

Hi,
I believe you could create a query to the sourcetype=Wineventlog looking for an event that would represent a system reboot information. The event id 6006 tells you that event log service was shut down, which may represent a server reboot. For installed applications, the event id 11707 is for MsiInstaller and may help you to identify some.

With that query in hands and tested, just save it as an alert and set it as you wish, configuring the trigger action to send you a mail.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi @sabdulkader

Did the answer below solve your problem? If so, please resolve this post by approving it!
If your problem is still not solved, keep us updated so that someone else can help ya. Thanks for posting!

0 Karma

victor_menezes
Path Finder

Hi,
I believe you could create a query to the sourcetype=Wineventlog looking for an event that would represent a system reboot information. The event id 6006 tells you that event log service was shut down, which may represent a server reboot. For installed applications, the event id 11707 is for MsiInstaller and may help you to identify some.

With that query in hands and tested, just save it as an alert and set it as you wish, configuring the trigger action to send you a mail.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...