Alerting

How to write cron to schedule for an alert to trigger during last day of the month?

gndivya
Explorer

We have a requirement to extract all the admin users and give the report on last day of the month. I have the query to extract the admin users list from REST api which is currently triggered at 28th of every month considering Feb month.
Please help to write a cron for last day every month. If cron is not there (as I saw in many questions) please let me know what else can I write in my query to get the requirement complete.

0 Karma

larry02

Using cron job generator like crontab-generator.org should guide you set cron job correctly.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

Crontab:

1: Minute (0-59)
2: Hours (0-23)
3: Day (0-31)
4: Month (0-12 [12 == December])
5: Day of the week(0-7 [7 or 0 == sunday])
/path/to/command – Script or command name to schedule

I see. I recommend, Create three.
1 the day of month end is "30"
2 the day of month end is "31"
3 Feb

"31" :
1 0 * 31 1,3,5,7,8,10,12 *
"30" :
1 0 * 30 4,6,9,11 *
"feb"
1 0 * 28 2 *

like that.

You can't do anything with just one.
cf. CronExpressions

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...