Alerting

How to use the value of a column as a trigger an alert

trunghung
Path Finder

I currently have a table with 3 columns that was created from a few column append search queries.
count count count
Error | day1 | day2 | day3 | % betwen 1 & 2 | % between 1 & 3
Err A | 2 | 4 | 2 | 100% | 0%
Err B | 4 | 5 | 6 | 25% | 50%
Err C |blank | 5 | 6 | infinite % | infinite%

I would like to have an alert that that it would alert me if the increase between days is over 50% on any of the row. Is it possible to do something like that? thank you very much.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Assuming your field names are exactly as they appear in your question above, try this search as the alert search and set "number of events greater than 0" as alert condition

your current search giving above output with fields Error, day1, day2, day3, "% betwen 1 & 2", "% between 1 & 3" 
| where '% between 1 & 3'>50 OR '% between 1 & 2' >50

If you only have fields Error, day1, day2, day3, they try something like this

your current search giving above output with fields Error, day1, day2, day3 | where (day1/day2)>0.5 OR (day1/day3)>0.5
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...