Alerting

How to edit my saved search to send an alert when two trigger conditions are met within a 5 minute span?

tkwaller
Builder

Search1: What this does is eval checkout logs from 5 minutes ago to 2 minutes ago,then eval for Peak/OffPeak Tim of Day, and add a Trigger/Don't Trigger condition.

THEN

Search 2: The search is run again to eval checkout logs from 2 minutes ago to now,eval for Peak/OffPeak Tim of Day, and add a Trigger/Don't Trigger condition.

Then I combine them using appendcols and the alert is set where Check1=Trigger AND Check2=Trigger send alert.

What I am trying to do is run this search and eval each minute to compare to the next minute. If any time in the 5 minute span, a Trigger happens twice in a row, then send an alert.

But in testing, I found that this won't work as if minute 5 (oldest) and minute 4 (second oldest) both = Trigger, since they are both under Check1, then it will not trigger.

Maybe this is not the best way to do this...any thoughts?

index=java host=byx api_domain=purchase api_method=checkoutShoppingCart status=SUCCESS subscriber=xxx@gmail.com "app_name=Gen31Application"
earliest=-5min@min latest=-2min@min
| eval HourOfDay=strftime(_time, "%H%M") | eval PeakOrOffPeak=if(((HourOfDay>=900) AND (HourOfDay<=1700)), "Peak", "OffPeak") | bucket _time span=1min | stats count by _time, PeakOrOffPeak
| eval Check1=if(PeakOrOffPeak = "OffPeak" AND count < 1, "Trigger", "Dont Trigger")
| appendcols [search

index=java host=byx api_domain=purchase api_method=checkoutShoppingCart status=SUCCESS subscriber=xxx@gmail.com "app_name=Gen31Application"
earliest=-2min@min latest=now
| eval HourOfDay=strftime(_time, "%H%M") | eval PeakOrOffPeak=if(((HourOfDay>=900) AND (HourOfDay<=1700)), "Peak", "OffPeak") | bucket _time span=1min | stats count by _time, PeakOrOffPeak
| eval Check2=if(PeakOrOffPeak = "OffPeak" AND count < 1, "Trigger", "Dont Trigger")]

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try
Updated

index=java host=byx api_domain=purchase api_method=checkoutShoppingCart status=SUCCESS subscriber=xxx@gmail.com "app_name=Gen31Application" earliest=-5min@min latest=now | bucket _time span=1min  | eval HourOfDay=strftime(_time, "%H") | eval PeakOrOffPeak=if(((HourOfDay>=9) AND (HourOfDay<17)), "Peak", "OffPeak") | stats count by _time, PeakOrOffPeak | eval Check=if(PeakOrOffPeak = "OffPeak" AND count < 1, "Trigger", "Dont Trigger") | streamstats current=f window=1 values(Check) as prev | where prev=Check AND Check="Trigger") 

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try
Updated

index=java host=byx api_domain=purchase api_method=checkoutShoppingCart status=SUCCESS subscriber=xxx@gmail.com "app_name=Gen31Application" earliest=-5min@min latest=now | bucket _time span=1min  | eval HourOfDay=strftime(_time, "%H") | eval PeakOrOffPeak=if(((HourOfDay>=9) AND (HourOfDay<17)), "Peak", "OffPeak") | stats count by _time, PeakOrOffPeak | eval Check=if(PeakOrOffPeak = "OffPeak" AND count < 1, "Trigger", "Dont Trigger") | streamstats current=f window=1 values(Check) as prev | where prev=Check AND Check="Trigger") 

tkwaller
Builder

In testing I got this back:
Error in 'streamstats' command: The argument 'value(Check)' is invalid.

0 Karma

tkwaller
Builder

Simple mistake:

index=java host=*byx* api_domain=purchase api_method=checkoutShoppingCart status=SUCCESS subscriber=xxx@gmail.com "app_name=Gen31Application" earliest=-5min@min latest=now | bucket _time span=1min  | eval HourOfDay=strftime(_time, "%H") | eval PeakOrOffPeak=if(((HourOfDay>=9) AND (HourOfDay<17)), "Peak", "OffPeak") | stats count by _time, PeakOrOffPeak | eval Check=if(PeakOrOffPeak = "OffPeak" AND count < 1, "Trigger", "Dont Trigger")| streamstats current=f window=1 values(Check) as prev | where prev=Check AND Check="Trigger"

changed "value" to "values" and removed closing ")"

Good to go

tkwaller
Builder

Haha added the reponse at the same time!

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Grrrrrrrrr typo. use 'values' instead of 'value'. Updated the answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...