Alerting

How to create a report on configured alerts and their properties, such as who the alerts are sent to?

cmulkey2
Explorer

We have over 200 configured alerts and I would like to generate a report of the configured alerts with their properties, such as who the alerts are going to. I'm guessing there is a way to do that with a Splunk search, but not sure where to start. Is it that data in some internal index?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You would need a SPlunk REST search to get the information. This search should get you started.

| rest /services/saved/searches | search action.email=1 AND is_scheduled=1

More details here. http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.1/RESTREF/RESTsearch#saved.2Fsearches

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You would need a SPlunk REST search to get the information. This search should get you started.

| rest /services/saved/searches | search action.email=1 AND is_scheduled=1

More details here. http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.1/RESTREF/RESTsearch#saved.2Fsearches

cmulkey2
Explorer

Tried | REST /services/saved/searches and it gave me only a few of the saved searches.

Did some more searching now that I know about REST and tried | REST /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches which gave me a few more but still not all of the saved searches.

Finally, I found | REST splunk_server=local /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches which gave me all of the saved searches and now I can filter down from there.

Thanks!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...