Alerting

How to configure my email alert to exclude results?

super_virus

Hi ,

I have set up alerting on Java exceptions:

My search string:

index=myapp_logs source=/opt/man/myapp/myapp.log exception=java*

The above search emails us when a threshold for no of exceptions is met.

I need Spunk to exclude some specific exceptions, Spunk should ignore these multiple exceptions.

java.test.IllegArgumentException
java.test.IllegArgumentException
javat.persistence.testException

How do i get this done?

0 Karma
1 Solution

gokadroid
Motivator

Can you not try to modify the initial search to exclude the strings that you do not require as a start, something like:

index=myapp_logs source=/opt/man/myapp/myapp.log exception=java* NOT ( exception=java*IllegArgumentException OR exception=javat.persistence.testException)

OR if you do some multivalued extractions from where these exception strings are extracted then close the SPL with | search exception!=java*IllegArgumentException and so on.

View solution in original post

gokadroid
Motivator

Can you not try to modify the initial search to exclude the strings that you do not require as a start, something like:

index=myapp_logs source=/opt/man/myapp/myapp.log exception=java* NOT ( exception=java*IllegArgumentException OR exception=javat.persistence.testException)

OR if you do some multivalued extractions from where these exception strings are extracted then close the SPL with | search exception!=java*IllegArgumentException and so on.

super_virus

Thanks ! this works.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...