Alerting

How do i trigger a search if results count of another search are greater than 0?

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have data coming into an index that tells me when a load is complete... these files are named *_done.txt

I have data coming into the same index that tells me the counts of errors etc related to the loads.

I want to trigger an alert that contains the errors that occurred in the load but only after the load completes and splunk receives a file with source=*_done.txt.

How can I do this?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
[ 
makeresults count=1 
| eval trigger= [ search index=myindexsource=*_done.txt _index_earliest=-1h@h _index_latest=-0h@h | head 1 | stats count  | return $count]
| eval search=if( trigger > 0 , "Search to Run if results Count is greater than 0","search to run if results count is not greater than 0, could be null()")
]

I solved with the above

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
[ 
makeresults count=1 
| eval trigger= [ search index=myindexsource=*_done.txt _index_earliest=-1h@h _index_latest=-0h@h | head 1 | stats count  | return $count]
| eval search=if( trigger > 0 , "Search to Run if results Count is greater than 0","search to run if results count is not greater than 0, could be null()")
]

I solved with the above

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use this approach too:

| where trigger>0
| map search=“search to trigger”

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...