Alerting

Getting to the create alert dialog box.

misteryuku
Communicator

I would like to know where do i get to this create alert dialog box shown below. I got click the create button on search app then click alert.., i do not see the tabs save search, set up alert and define actions.

alt text

Tags (1)
1 Solution

MHibbin
Influencer

misteryuku,

What version of Splunk are you running? - If it is the free version you will not have access to alerting, as per the Splunk comparison table available here...

http://www.splunk.com/view/how-to-get-splunk/SP-CAAADFV

If you are unsure, you can navigate to the "Manager" and then the "Licensing" section (this will appear in the top-right panel within the manager view). Here it will say something like, "Free license group", in large green font, at the top of the page. If you have a paid for license (i.e. Enterprise), it will say something like, "Enterprise license group".

Hope this helps

Regards,

MHibbin

View solution in original post

MHibbin
Influencer

OK, no worries.. there was no rush, as I say it helps others (those looking for questions to answer, and those looking for answers to questions) 🙂

0 Karma

misteryuku
Communicator

I wasn't present when you replied to my question. so now that i'm online i can mark your answer. I'm quite sorry to have kept you waiting.

0 Karma

MHibbin
Influencer

has the answer below answered your question? - if so can you mark the answer as accepted to help the community (so they know if the answer is valid/still needs a correct answer)

0 Karma

MHibbin
Influencer

misteryuku,

What version of Splunk are you running? - If it is the free version you will not have access to alerting, as per the Splunk comparison table available here...

http://www.splunk.com/view/how-to-get-splunk/SP-CAAADFV

If you are unsure, you can navigate to the "Manager" and then the "Licensing" section (this will appear in the top-right panel within the manager view). Here it will say something like, "Free license group", in large green font, at the top of the page. If you have a paid for license (i.e. Enterprise), it will say something like, "Enterprise license group".

Hope this helps

Regards,

MHibbin

misteryuku
Communicator

I'm using the free version.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...