Alerting

Dashboard as email notification

sujata_nandi
Explorer

I'd like to set up an email notification for the following dashboard, specifically on Saturdays and Sundays at intervals of 3 hours. Since I receive files only on these days, this schedule aligns with our data delivery. Could someone guide me on configuring this setup?

splunk.png

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

From the dashboard, select "Schedule PDF Delivery" from the Export dropdown.  Check the "Schedule PDF" box and fill in the form.  In the Schedule field, select "Run on Cron Schedule" then put "13 0-23/3 * * 0,6".

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

sujata_nandi
Explorer

Is there a way to print the entire report in the email instead of a PDF attachment?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If it's truly a report then, yes, it can be sent in the body of an email.  However, dashboards cannot be sent that way and must be sent as a PDF.

---
0 Karma

sujata_nandi
Explorer

If I "Schedule PDF", will the dashboard automatically take the date range or do I have to set it in some way?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The scheduled PDF will use the time range defined in the dashboard.  The dashboard cannot use a time picker or other user input.

---
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

From the dashboard, select "Schedule PDF Delivery" from the Export dropdown.  Check the "Schedule PDF" box and fill in the form.  In the Schedule field, select "Run on Cron Schedule" then put "13 0-23/3 * * 0,6".

---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...