Alerting

Created a new correlation search in ES. But sometimes the mail is not delivered to the mentioned mailid

RanjiRaje
Explorer

Hi, I have a correlation search created in Enterprise security. Scheduled as below.

Mode: guided

Time range> Earliest: -24h, Latest: Now, Cron: 0 03 * * *, scheduling: realtime, schedule window: auto, priority: auto

Trigger alert when greater than 0

Throttling > window duration: 0

Response action > To:mymailid, priority: normal, Include: Link to alert, link to result, trigger condition, attach csv, Trigger time

In this case, mail is not getting delivered regularly. If I try executing the same SPL query in search, it showing more than 300 rows result

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Confirm the alerts are firing

| rest splunk_server=local /serviceNS/-/-/alerts/fired_alerts

Check the _internal index for errors sending alerts to your email provider.

index=_internal "sendemail"

Check with your email provider/admin to see what is happening to the alerts before they get your mailbox.  As always, check your Spam folder.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

RanjiRaje
Explorer

Hi Sir, thanks for your valuable suggestions. I tried the below SPL 

index=_internal "sendemail"

I received 1 event with details like "Sending email" (As I said already, I received an alert mail to my mailbox once and after that it stopped sending mail). 

0 Karma

RanjiRaje
Explorer

Continuation... as I said, received mail once but later then, stopped receiving mail. Please help me on this further. Thanks

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If there are no errors in the Splunk logs relating to sending email then there must be something happening to the messages after they leave Splunk.  Check your Spam folder and any automatic actions you may have.

Have you confirmed the alerts are firing?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @RanjiRaje ,

don't use scheduling real time.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Meet Duke Cyberwalker | A hero’s journey with Splunk

We like to say, the lightsaber is to Luke as Splunk is to Duke. Curious yet? Then read Eric Fusilero’s latest ...

The Future of Splunk Search is Here - See What’s New!

We’re excited to introduce two powerful new search features, now generally available for Splunk Cloud Platform ...

Splunk is Nurturing Tomorrow’s Cybersecurity Leaders Today

Meet Carol Wright. She leads the Splunk Academic Alliance program at Splunk. The Splunk Academic Alliance ...