Alerting

Can I make a compound search for this Windows event log?

Cboats

Hi all,

I hope somebody can help.

I'm looking to create a search based on the following in a Windows event log.  I'm not even sure it's referred to as a compounded search and If that's wrong in the splunk world, what is the correct term?  It seems my googling skills have failed me this time round.

EventID-5145 and RelativeTargetName={srvcsvc or lsarpc or samr} and at least 3 occurences with different RelativeTargetName and Same (Source IP, Port) and SourceUserName not like "*DC*$" within 1 minute

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Something like

index=your_event_index EventID=5145 RelativeTargetName IN ("srvcsvc","lsarpc","samr") NOT SourceUserName="*DC*$"
| bin _time span=1m
| stats dc(RelativeTargetName) as UniqueTargets by src_ip src_port
| where UniqueTargets=3

Note that the RelativeTargetName search is exact, add wildcards if needed in the IN clause.

Also, you have 3 target names, so you will only have a max of 3 unique targets, maybe I misunderstood your 'at least 3 with different' point.

Adjust the fields to match your data as needed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...