Alerting

Alerts not working

ridutta

I have enabled few alerts and these are the criterias:

Alert Type: Scheduled by CRON
Time Range: 24 Hours
Cron Expression: * */4 * * *

So as per this expression: The search query will run every 4 hour for the last 24 hours and trigger alerts. (Mail in my case)

Last day my search event count was 350. So why it didnt trigger after it crossed the 120 mark?

Can any one help me on this?

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

Can you put the search query in 101010 sample code format? Also, are you setting any threshold on the number of results? I see from your question that 120 is the threshold.
My advice is to set the threshold in a query itself and just create an alert as it is without setting any threshold on the UI.

0 Karma

MousumiChowdhur
Contributor

Hi! Can you please modify your cron expression with 0 */4 * * * and check if that's working?

0 Karma

ridutta

My cron expression is that only "0 */4 * * *"... but its not working. there is someting with this portal... However the suggested one is my cron expression.

0 Karma

MousumiChowdhur
Contributor

Can you mention the search and the alert conditions you have configured, so that it's easier to find the solution.

0 Karma

ridutta

Current Search Query:
(index=mesb "Status_c=ERROR") source="*/mule-app-csone_logging_v2.0-v201712091010.log" Attribute_1c=CM_ROLE_UNAVAILABLE | eval _time=strptime(CreatedDate, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%3N%Z") | timechart span=1h count by Attribute_1_c

Should I change to :
(index=mesb "Status_c=ERROR") source="*/mule-app-csone_logging_v2.0-v201712091010.log" Attribute_1c=CM_ROLE_UNAVAILABLE | timechart span=1h count by Attribute_1_c??

0 Karma

MousumiChowdhur
Contributor

Yes, you should try the 2nd search, set the alert and check.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...