Splunk Search

simple field extraction not working

pjmenon
Explorer

I've been breaking my head over this very simple field extraction.

My extraction (see eg., below) has problems because my time format has "-" and so do my other fields. I cannot specify the position of timestamp since I have 2-3 timestamps in an event. what is the best way to extract these fields?

props.conf

[source::C:\Documents and Settings\Sample]
TIME_FORMAT= %Y-%M-%D  %H:%M:%S
CHECK_FOR_HEADER = false 
REPORT-test = test

transforms.conf:

[test] 
DELIMS = ","
FIELDS = "severity", "alm_no", "site_id", "alm_type","rsv1", "start_time", "end_time","duration", "rsv2"

Sample in input file:

MINOR,56789,/aaa-bbb-bbb/tv-daop/Rkhkjkj #2/Shelf #2/jjj #1, FAIL, , 2010-06-24 21:57:46,2010-06-24 21:59:23,0 00:01:37,N/A

Splunk search result

Severity=MINOR |  alm_no=56789  |  site_id=/aaa/ |  start_time=-bbb-bbb/tv-d  |  end_time=o  |  duration=/Rkhkjkj #2/Shelf #2/jjj #1 |  rsv2_par=FAIL 
Tags (1)
0 Karma

pjmenon
Explorer

Notice dashes in my field #3? "aaa-bbb-bbb" . these interfear with my formatting TIME-FORMAT. Doesn't matter if the date is in upper or lower case. Doesn't matter if you specifiy the position or not. Even afetr I did changes that you mentioned above, the same problem exists. If I just remove the dashes in field #3, things work fine even with my original conf file. One more thing to note is that I need to extract 2-3 valid timestamps in an event.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...