Splunk Search

finding difference between two dates

renuka13
Explorer

hi,

how do i find the difference between two dates which are in the form 12-JAN-2003? How do i first convert months to decimal form? i tried using following command-
..|eval start_dt=strptime(START_DATE,"%d-%m-%Y")

its not giving any value. Please let me know how do i do the conversion and find the difference between 2 dates.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

%m refers to the month in numerical form, i.e. 01 in the case of January. %b is the abbreviated 'text' format, i.e. 'Jan'. For more information, see www.strftime.net

Also, it would probably be better to continue and edit your original question http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/79857/how-to-subtract-10-jan-2012-11-jan-2010

/K

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...