Splunk Search

To find new added hosts using lookup files

gabrieltrust
Engager

I need to find new added hosts using lookup files.
The solutions in blog didn't work for me.

I will create a lookup file with all my hosts. ( I did)

If any new host will be added , it will be displayed.

Any help will be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @gabrieltrust ,

if you have a lookup (called e.g. perimeter.csv) with at least one field (host), you can run something like this:

| tstats count WHERE index=* NOT [ | inputlookup perimeter.csv | fields host ] BY host

Ciao.

giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @gabrieltrust ,

if you have a lookup (called e.g. perimeter.csv) with at least one field (host), you can run something like this:

| tstats count WHERE index=* NOT [ | inputlookup perimeter.csv | fields host ] BY host

Ciao.

giuseppe

gabrieltrust
Engager

Works Great! Thank you

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Get your list of unique hosts, append your list of unique hosts from the lookup file twice, use stats to count by host, where the count is only 1, the host is not in the lookup file, where it is 2 it is only in the lookup file, where it is 3, it is in both the searched events and the lookup file.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...