Splunk Search

Subsearch using loadjob not working

jamesvz84
Communicator

I try the following search:

| loadjob savedsearch="admin:app1:app1_view1" | fields hostname

This returns "hostname05" as a result.

I then try to embed this as a subsearch:

| loadjob savedsearch="admin:winapp:perfmon_results" | search object=Processor counter="% Processor Time" [| loadjob savedsearch="admin:app1:app1_view1" | fields hostname]

This return no results, however, if I do this:

| loadjob savedsearch="admin:winapp:perfmon_results" | search object=Processor counter="% Processor Time" hostname="hostname05"

It returns many results. Why is the subsearch not working? Do I need to call loadjob differently? I've tried with and without the initial pipe.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

sansay
Contributor

Subsearch calling loadjob does not work. You get "Error in 'SearchOperator:loadjob': Cannot find artifacts for savedsearch_ident 'user:app:saved_search_name'.
Here is the query I used:
| loadjob savedsearch="user:app:saved_search_name_1" | append [| loadjob savedsearch="user:app:saved_search_name_2"]

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this.

| loadjob savedsearch="admin:winapp:perfmon_results" | search object=Processor counter="% Processor Time" [| loadjob savedsearch="admin:app1:app1_view1" | fields hostname | format "" "" "" "" "" ""]
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...