Splunk Search

SPL Query

SabariRajanT
Path Finder

Hello Team,

I have my service now ticketing logs enabled into my splunk. I do required  a below help and suggestions.

Look at the ticketing status goes like "draft" "Recover" "Cancelled" "Analysis"  "Closed" 

Suppose ticket #2345 starts with draft then goes on recover then to analysis then to closed state

Here we go to pull current status of the ticket #2345 in splunk search by below SPL query for last 24hours.

index=main source=xyz dv_state=* dv_opened_by=pox OR dv_opened_by=IOP |dedup number dv_state |TABLE number dv_state,dv_opened by, dv_opened_at

Search answer: I am getting ticket status 2345 as "draft". But actually ticket is in closed state.

Am looking  #2345 ticket should show only in closed state. let me know what went wrong.

My expectation : If the #2345 ticket went through closed state what will be the spl query for last 24hours.?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

saravanan90
Contributor

We can use stats with last. 

index=main source=xyz dv_state=* dv_opened_by=pox OR dv_opened_by=IOP | stats last(dv_state) last(otherfields) by number

View solution in original post

saravanan90
Contributor

We can use stats with last. 

index=main source=xyz dv_state=* dv_opened_by=pox OR dv_opened_by=IOP | stats last(dv_state) last(otherfields) by number

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...