Splunk Search

List of realtime searches showing deleted reports/alerts

shazbot79
Path Finder

Hi, I have the following SPL as a dashboard panel which shows realtime searches. This is so I can contact the owners and discuss them converting to a scheduled report instead:

| rest /services/search/jobs | search eventSorting=realtime
| eval author=upper(author)
| lookup snow_sys_user_list.csv user_name as author
| table author label eventSearch dv_name dispatchState, eai:acl.owner, isRealTimeSearch, performance.dispatch.stream.local.duration_secs, runDuration, searchProviders, splunk_server

However, the panel is still showing reports that have been converted to scheduled reports/alerts or deleted entirely. Is there some SPL I have to add to get it to only see "active" real-time searches?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

jwalthour
Communicator

how about adding …

| search dispatchState != “DONE”

0 Karma

shazbot79
Path Finder

they all have a dispatchState of RUNNING, including the ones that have been amended/deleted....

0 Karma

jwalthour
Communicator

Then, are you sure you’ve stopped the jobs?

0 Karma

shazbot79
Path Finder

Ah....so even if the user deletes their report the job keeps running? 

0 Karma

shazbot79
Path Finder

I have the time picker set to last 24 hours but if I change to last 5 minutes the problem persists.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...