Hi,

I have data like these entries

link          id                     parent     name
----          ---                     --------     ---------

link1      311                                   email.eml

link1      312                  311         abc.rar

link2      315                  312         xyz.exe

that I want to combine into this

link                       id                              parent              name
----                       ---                              --------               ---------

link1, link2      315, 312, 311        312, 311         xyz.exe, abc.rar, email.eml

Combining condition is based on id and parent.

311 is the parent, 312 is child of 311, 315 is child of 312 ('grandchild' of 311)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

oda
Communicator

I would like to create an answer, but could you please tell me the final form you would like to create?

0 Karma

yolk
Observer

Hi,

Thanks for helping! This is the final output I would like to create as stated in original post.

link                       id                              parent              name
----                       ---                              --------               ---------
link1, link2      315, 312, 311        312, 311         xyz.exe, abc.rar, email.eml

0 Karma

oda
Communicator

Oops
I understand your explanation.

That's difficult to achieve with Splunk.
Please refer to the URL below for details.

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/recursively-join-the-same-table/m-p/140079

If you have other conditions, you may be able to do it.
Example
- This log is an experiment log and can be identified for each experiment.
- Logs that are always parent and child will be displayed below.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...