Splunk IT Service Intelligence

How to extract the entities in a service as a lookup in ITSI

raynold_peterso
Path Finder

I have been wracking my poor brain on how to extract the entities from my services in ITSI.

Here is what I want to do. I want to use my configured services and entities to create a lookup to drive my kpi adhoc searches so when and if I have to update the entities in the service the associated searches will pull the correct entities.

I may be trying to go about this the wrong way, so it you have a better suggestion then I am open for new ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Rcp

0 Karma

raynold_peterso
Path Finder

Something like that. I want to know what entities are in the service so I can create an adhoc job for the kpi on just those entities. From a lookup table would be ok but I'd rather have the kdi read the data directly from the configuration. That way if I add or remove entities the kpi automatically adjusts.

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you wanting to extract the entity names? I'm assuming you want to extract the entity names and write them to a lookup table?

0 Karma

ronvreeken
Explorer

Is this what you ar looking for ?

| inputlookup itsi_entities append=true
| rename services._key as service_key
| rename title as entity
| fields entity, service_key
| where isnotnull(service_key)
| mvexpand service_key
| inputlookup service_kpi_lookup append=true
| eval key=coalesce(service_key,_key)
| stats values(entity) as entity, values(title) as service by key
| mvexpand entity
| fields entity service
| sort 0 entity
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...