Splunk Enterprise

Windows Event Index redirects

sean_aditum
Engager

Trying to route windows application logs to correct index based on event data. The scenario I have XmlWinEventLogs coming in normally using TA for windows and they head to the winos index.  I would like to redirect some specific events to a different index.  

Props.conf

[source::XmlWinEventLog:Application]
TRANSFORMS-citrix_xa_index = citrix_xenapp_index

Transforms.conf

[citrix_xenapp_index]
REGEX = Citrix
DEST_KEY = _MetaData:Index
FORMAT = citrixxa

This should route all events containing "Citrix" to the citrixxa index.  My question is the order of operation?  Do Index redirects have to be performed before any other say sourcetype renaming that the windows TA does?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

anwarmmian
Explorer

sean_auditum,

I have had the same issue. I wanted to redirect WinEventLog:Setup and XmlWinEventLog:Security to a different index as the logs were/are coming in main index.  I have had a similar stanza as yours except I had  "REGEX = ." in transforms.conf  to send all logs to a different index.  However, WinEventLog:Setup working but XmlWinEventLog:Security is not. 
Still investigating.

I'll provide an update once I resolve this issue.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...