Splunk Enterprise

Missing date_* fields

jadengoho
Builder

Hi,

I have this log format on our environment : 

2021-12-03 03:28:04.296, EVENT_TIMESTAMP="2021-12-03 03:26:38.039962 Asia/Shanghai", ACTION_NAME="LOGON", AUDIT_TYPE="Standard", RETURN_CODE="1", AUTHENTICATION_TYPE="(TYPE=(*));(CLIENT ADDRESS=((ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=*)(HOST=1.1.1.1)(PORT=222))));", CURRENT_USER="my_own_user", DBID="0001111222", DBUSERNAME="my_own_user", INSTANCE_ID="1", OS_PROCESS="12000111", OS_USERNAME="ec2-user", SCN="900000000", SESSIONID="100000000", SYSTEM_PRIVILEGE_USED="CREATE SESSION", TERMINAL="unknown", UNIFIED_AUDIT_POLICIES="unknown", USERHOST="ec2-user", TS="2021-12-03 03:26:38"

But it is missing the date_hour, date_mday, date_minute, date_month, date_second, date_wday, date_year, date_zone  fields 

this is the PROPS.CONF:
[audit_sample]
ANNOTATE_PUNCT = false
LINE_BREAKER = ([\r\n]+)
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD = 32
TIME_PREFIX = ^
TIME_FORMAT = %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%3N
TRUNCATE = 2000

i have read the https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.3/Knowledge/Usedefaultfields
and it says that the date_* fields are only available if the timestamp is properly extracted. 
Which in my case is fine  because it have the _time field and when i compare the _time to the actual logs they are similar, and my props configuration is properly working.

What might be the reason on why I'm missing those fields.

It is not window_event_logs

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...