Splunk Enterprise

How to take a backup of lookup file?

sarahnazzar
Explorer

Hello Splunkers!

I'm trying to take a backup of a lookup file(file.csv) and create a backup file(file_backup.csv) and schedule the search on daily basis, the below query will only run and overwrite the old backup file but I want the scheduled search to run only when the new entries are added to the file.csv.

|inputlookup file.csv |outputlookup file_backup.csv

Also, I want to add 2 new columns (user who edited the lookup and time when it was edited) in the backup lookup 

Original file: file.csv

column1 column2 

Backup file file_backup.csv generated using the scheduled search should have the below 

column1 column2 time user 

Any thoughts please?

Cheers!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How do you know which user updated the file and when they did it?

0 Karma

sarahnazzar
Explorer

Tried pulling using the rest query but it doesn't give me what they have updated

|rest /servicesNS/-/-/data/lookup-table-files/

I want to have the user and time against the entry they have added in the lookup 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you have no control over the editing process, how are you going to determine who did what and when?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...