Splunk Enterprise

How to get a list or details of indexes based on the cluster/group they are residing on?

psamuel69
Explorer

Hello Splunkers ,

I am in need of finding a list of Indexes that are from a particular indexer cluster or group.

Like when you go to DMC and look for Indexes and volumes(Indexes and Volumes: Instance) , there is an option to filter them via Groups .I want a similar search that can be powered from the _internal log or some other rest endpoint from a search head .
Thanks in advance !
Sam

Labels (3)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

When you are knowing those group names you can use those on rest calls like

|rest splunk_server_group=dmc_group_cluster_master splunk_server_group="dmc_indexerclustergroup_cluster-name" /services/cluster/master/indexes

This should run on MC where some of those gourds are automatically defined and you could create more groups as needed.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

psamuel69
Explorer

Thank you for your response .
As an out of the box functionality Splunk DMC doest provide those filters and i can use them on the DMC host to create me Dashboards etc .

But my question is in terms of how to get the same group related info available on the Search Heads , so that i can save a Dashboard or alert using the same .

Use case : To know which region a index is getting its data from  .

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could replace all splunk_server_group definitions wit one splunk_server=<your indexers with suitable expression like idx*>

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...