Splunk Dev

real-time search using python SDK export command

esharf
Engager

so here is my code:

import splunklib.client as client
import splunklib.results as results

client.connect(**connection_args)
job_kwargs = {"search_mode": "realtime", "earliest_time": "rt", "latest_time": "rt"}
for item in service.jobs.export(query=my_query, **job_kwargs):
    if isinstance(item, results.Message):
        print(item.message)
    else:
        print(item)

when I'm trying to run this code with a general query

query="search index=main"

It’s working properly.
but if I’m trying with

query="search `notable` | eval rule_name=if(isnull(rule_name),source,rule_name) | eval rule_title=if(isnull(rule_title),rule_name,rule_title) | `get_urgency` | `risk_correlation` | eval rule_description=if(isnull(rule_description),source,rule_description) | eval security_domain=if(isnull(security_domain),source,security_domain)"

I get a lot of events that I cannot see in the regular search.
also, I get almost every multiple times with a little change (such as dest_ip=8.8.8.8 anddest_ip=8.8.8.9) and a part of them are even identical.

note when I’m trying to test it I found that I have on average 9 events in 5 min but when I’m using the real-time search I get almost 130 on average.

Labels (4)

srijondas
Explorer

I am facing a similar problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...