Splunk Dev

How to get extracted fields when searching using the REST API ?

mlrhazi

When I search using the Python SDK, I don't seem to see any fields, other than the very basic ones like host, source, sourcetype... in the results. Is there a way to get the search to return all the same pre-extracted fields I get when using the splunk search GUI ? like fields automatically extracted by Splunk, such as those that come in field1=value1 ...etc?

Thanks,

Mohamed.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mlrhazi,

Splunk REST API does not extract fields like GUI. You should specify the required fields by rf (or required_fields on older versions) parameter. Please see the below documentation. 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.3/RESTTUT/RESTsearches#Tips_on_creating_searches

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...