Reporting

First search of a scheduled report at fix time

shaquibk
Explorer

Hi Team,

I have the following requirement -

I have a report that needs to be scheduled to be run every 10 minutes. The catch is, I want the first search of the day to be run at 00:10AM and after that it should run every 10 minutes.

I am implementing the report in 'Search and reporting' app.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

lpino
Path Finder

Hi @shaquibk ,

you can create your report in Settings > Searches, Reports, and Alerts > New Report.
Once you set all the details of your report (i.e. report name, search, earliest and latest time, ...) you can save it and the click on Edit > Edit Schedule > check Enable.
Here you can schedule your report at a fixed frequency. In the Schedule dropdown, select "Run on Cron Schedule" and then you can explicitly insert a cron expression. If you need you report to run every 10 minutes, you can type "*/10 * * * *" (this will execute the report every 10 minutes every day).

Hope this will help

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...