Other Usage

Splunk KVStore API Call : Why is the field Value too Long?

tdeanesh
Loves-to-Learn Lots

While doing splunk API post call for KVStore one of the field [string] attribute size is large 

so API call fails saying below statement

String value too long. valueSize=526402, maxValueSize=524288

Is there a way we can increase the field [string] length through configuration ?

Please let me know your suggestions

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

tdeanesh
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Actually as per Splunk Team. This issue is fixed in Splunk 8.2.6 or higher versions.

So we just need to upgrade to 8.2.6 atleast

Column size is increased from 512 KB. Need to confirm the next max possible Size

0 Karma

tdeanesh
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Thanks for the reply.

Let me check if we can limit the value below max size allowed for the attribute before inserting into KVStore

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you want to use that sized values on kvstore and also use is as lookup which you want to replicate to indexers you will have another issues.... 

0 Karma

tdeanesh
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Gentle Reminder...

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I couldn’t any parameters on limits.conf or server.conf for that. Based on that probably this is not something what you could do by yourself? Maybe spunk support have something more?

Anyhow your value seems to be quite huge! Are you sure that you cannot do something for your data/process to avoiding store this size of thing to kvstore?

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...