Knowledge Management

Transaction-like login events

nembela
Path Finder

Hi,

I have applications that log login events as multiple events.

Example:

[07B0:007E-19E8] 2021.03.17 11:59:01 Opened session for User Name/HEXP/HU (Release 8.0.2FP6)
[07B0:007E-19E8] 2021.03.17 11:59:01 ATTEMPT TO ACCESS SERVER by User Name/HEXP/HU was denied
[07B0:007E-1408] 2021.03.17 11:59:01 Closed session for User Name/HEXP/HU Databases accessed: 0 Documents read: 0 Documents written: 0

This is an unsuccessful login event.

when the login is successful, only the first event is logged. I can connect these events with transaction, which is ok for some reporting purposes. But if I use transaction then I can't tag these events and I can't make the logs CIM compliant.

Is there a way to handle these kind of situations?  Or it is not possible to tag these kind of events correctly?

Thanks,

László

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...