Getting Data In

Universal forwarder error: ImportError: /opt/splunkforwarder/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_ssl.x86_64-linux-gnu.so)

savithamr
Path Finder

Hi,

I have installed Universal Forwarder version 6.4.2, and using the scripted inputs to retrieve data.

When restarted splunk, Splunk reads the inputs.conf file to execute the Python Script.

But i am seeing below error message in splund.log and scripts exits

08-09-2016 17:39:51.327 +0530 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/MYAPP/bin/myScript.py" ImportError: /opt/splunkforwarder/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_ssl.x86_64-linux-gnu.so)

Even i unset the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable. Error still persists.

Please help..

0 Karma

sjohnson_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

A Splunk universal forwarder does NOT include python so it is using python from the OS. You are missing a python library required by the myScript.py. You will need to find the missing library and add it to your python install.

0 Karma

savithamr
Path Finder

Yes Forwarder wont provide python of it own. But if i run my script on console i will get the output.
i.e ex: $ python myScript.py
wont have any error. Only when its running through Splunk getting import error.

Also by default LD_LIBRARY_PATH is been set to /opt/splunkforwarder/lib .
I unset this environment variable, still error persists.

The OPENSSL version in OS is 1.0.1f . Is that may be cause for this issue?

import ssl
ssl.OPENSSL_VERSION
'OpenSSL 1.0.1f 6 Jan 2014'

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...