Getting Data In

Universal Forwarder is not reading the log files

iamsplunker
Communicator

Hello Splunkers, 

I have an issue with the UF file monitoring where the input is not being monitored/ not forwarding the events to splunk. I do not have access to the server to run the btool.

[monitor:///opt/BA/forceAutomation/workuser.ABD/output/event_circuit.ABD.*]
sourcetype = banana
_meta=Appid::APP-1234 DataClassification::Unclassified
index = test
disabled = 0
crcSalt = <SOURCE>
ignoreOlderThan = 7d

The host(s) are sending _internal logs to Splunk, Here is the info I see in splunkd.log no errors, I tried the wildcard (*) in the monitoring stanza at the end after /output dir however it didn't work

TailingProcessor [ MainTailingThread] - Parsing configuration stanza: monitor :///opt/BA/forceAutomation/workuser.ABD/output/event_circuit.ABD.*

Actual log file 

-rw-r--r--1 automat autouser 6184 Oct 8 00:00 event_circuit.ABD.11082023

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @iamsplunker 

from inputs.conf and log file last modified, there is an issue I see 

as log file modified last month and in inputs.conf you mentioned ignoreOlderThan = 7d 

Splunk will ignore log files which are modified more than 7 days ago.

I would suggest comment ignoreOlderThan = 7d  for first time and restart splunkd , 

once splunk reads older file then you can comment again.

0 Karma

iamsplunker
Communicator

@SanjayReddy Thanks for your response, I just mentioned the log format. Actually the log file is recent, new file will be generated everyday filename.<date>
I updated my post as well. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...