Deployment Architecture

How do you synchronize serverclass.conf and your deploymentapps across loadbalanced deployment servers?

paimonsoror
Builder

I was wondering how the community handled this challenge? As our forwarder infrastructure is growing we are looking to plan for continued growth by throwing another DS behind an F5. I already saw the comments regarding making sure that we set the crossServerChecksum flag so you dont have mismatches between the two servers. Wondering however, how to ensure that the two servers are synced up without having to manually copy over/update configs.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

How do you currently make changes to your single Deployment server? Are you using any source control? What we do in my Splunk deployment is that we use gitlab as source control and use jenkins job to build app tarball for deployment server. Then we use the same tarball with option tar -xczf on all the deployment servers to ensure they all get same apps with same timestamp (this is done as part of our automated scripts).

0 Karma

paimonsoror
Builder

Right now we make the changes directly on the deployment server. I have a nightly job that pushes any modifications over to git.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You can probably use some sort of rsync job that you can whenever you make changes.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...