Dashboards & Visualizations

how do i control the search with pulldown ?

rakesh_498115
Motivator

HI..

I have two pulldown controls.on selection one pulldown data is generated to the second one.Now as an when i change pulldown control the search is being excuted . but i dont want that to happen , rather i need a search button and clickin on the search button the search should be executed . but on the selecting the first pulldown , data should must be populated in the second pulldown and then clickin on the search should excute my search takin data from the both the pull downs..

please help or post a sample xml for this sceneraio..thnx..

Tags (2)
0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You basically put

<param name="allowSoftSubmit">False</param>

into either the Button or SubmitButton module, and you have your Search and everything else downstream from the Button, and that will prevent the Pulldown interactions from submitting the search. Only the user clicking the green Button will be able to send the push downstream if you have allowSoftSubmit set to False.

If you post your XML I can advise you further.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...