Dashboards & Visualizations

Two index has same field names, change the name

Godspeed_74
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I am trying to create a search in which I'm using 2 different indexes, and want to produce and combined result as a table. The table should have some fields from both the indexes. There is one filed in both the indexes, with the same name, so I can't pull results from that field.
index 1 has a filed called URL and index 2 has a filed also called URL. I want to change the name of the field in one index, eg: URL to URL_1 for index 1.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index=index1 OR index=index2 
| eval URL2=if(index="index2",URL,null)
| eval URL=if(index="index1",URL,null)
0 Karma

aasabatini
Motivator

Hi @Godspeed_74 

use eval condition:

eval url_1=if(index=index1,url,"")
“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...