Dashboards & Visualizations

Time Chart not dynamically changing when I select a different time

neilmac64
Path Finder

I have added a Time input to my chart, however the display does not update to show the selected time period. I have selected "Search on Change" - but this didn't help. What could I do to fix it?

neilmac64_0-1662549676119.png

As always, any help greatly appreciated.

NM

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK change the earliest and latest tag values to $field1.earliest$ and $field1.latest$ respectively

View solution in original post

neilmac64
Path Finder

I don't think so - what would I need to change to do that?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It depends on whether you are using Classic Dashboards or Dashboard Studio

0 Karma

neilmac64
Path Finder

Classic

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK change the earliest and latest tag values to $field1.earliest$ and $field1.latest$ respectively

neilmac64
Path Finder

Ahhh - got you (I think!)

Default (this is for each timechart on the dashboard):

| timechart values(value) by mac_address</query>
<earliest>0</earliest>
<latest></latest>
</search>

Changed to:

| timechart values(value) by mac_address</query>
<earliest>$field1.earliest$</earliest>
<latest>$field1.latest$</latest>
</search>

It seems to have worked (I has to save as a new dashboard).

Many thanks again - you are a superb help.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Tokens aren't always evaluated in edit mode so you have to save the dashboard to see their effects.

neilmac64
Path Finder

It's returning an invalid value:

neilmac64_0-1662552430543.png

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I meant the earliest and latest settings for the searches in your panels not the timepicker input

Either edit the search for each panel, or switch to source code and change the SimpleXML tag values

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you using the token in your searches for your panels? If so, can you show how you are doing that?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...