Dashboards & Visualizations

How to fetch the values from logs

aditsss
Motivator

Hi All,

Below is my raw log

2023-08-08 10:25:48.389 [INFO ] [Thread-3] CollateralProcessor - Completed calculating total balances: Opening Balance: 27321564738.9

Closing Balance: 27223794872.86

Age Total Balance: 27223794872.86

Collateral Sum: 27223794872.86

Its coming like this:

4.PNG

I tried with this but no result:

index="abc" sourcetype =600000304_gg_abs_ipc2 source="/amex/app/gfp-settlement-transform/logs/gfp-settlement-transform.log" "CollateralProcessor - Completed calculating total balances:"| rex "CollateralProcessor - Completed calculating total balances: Opening Balance=(?<Opening Balance>)"|table Opening Balance

Labels (2)
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please check this one... 

index="abc" sourcetype =600000304_gg_abs_ipc2 source="/amex/app/gfp-settlement-transform/logs/gfp-settlement-transform.log" "CollateralProcessor - Completed calculating total balances:"| rex "Opening Balance:\s(?P<OpeningBalance>\d+)"|table OpeningBalance

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You log has Opening Balance: and NOT Opening Balance=

Also, it looks like you have a multiline event, so you should use (?m) and/or (?s) in your rex regex

m is multiline mode and s is match newlines. 

Please post your SPL code snippets in a CODE tag </>

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...