Dashboards & Visualizations

Customized Navigatin bar changes when opening HTML dashboard

abhinav_maxonic
Path Finder

I have created a Splunk app. And I have created a new customized navigation menu in this app. I have few XML based dashboards and some HTML dashboards. When I open XML dashboard the navigation menu looks good as created BUT when I open a HTML dashboard, the navigation menu changes to grey with two options - Search and Reports.
Here's my default.xml:

<view name="VoIP_Dashboard" label="Home" />
    <collection label="VoIP Dashboards">
        <view name="VoIP_Dashboard" label="VoIP Dashboard" />
        <view name="Call_Records" label="Call Records Search" />
    </collection>
    <collection label="VoIP Gateways">
        <view name="VoIP_Gateways" label="VoIP Gateways" />
        <view name="Gateway_Alerts" label="Gateway Alerts" />
        <view name="voip_call_records_for_source_gateway" label="Incoming Calls" />
        <view name="voip_call_records_for_destination_gateway" label="Outgoing Calls" />
    </collection>
</nav>
0 Karma

Anmar0293
Path Finder

When you create/convert to HTML View, choose the current sample not the new one. You have to create/convert to HTML out of the same current XML.

Warm regards,

Anmar

0 Karma

abhinav_maxonic
Path Finder

I have done the same thing. Every time I have to make a change, I make the changes in the XML dashboard and then convert it into html.

0 Karma

Anmar0293
Path Finder

When you create/convert to HTML View, choose the current sample not the new one. You have to create/convert to HTML out of the same current XML.

Warm regards,

Anmar

0 Karma

abhinav_maxonic
Path Finder

I have done the same thing. Every time I have to make a change, I make the changes in the XML dashboard and then convert it into html.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...