All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I receiving an error when trying to connect to an Oracle database using DB_Connect v3 with Windows Authentication Domain?

jfeitosa_real
Path Finder

Hello,

We are trying to connect to an Oracle database using DB_Connect v3, with "Windows Authentication Domain". However, it is not working, presenting "Connection Denied" login failure error. The user has the required permissions.

String Eg.:
jdbc: oracle: thin: @ldap: //ldap1.acme.com: 3500 / cn = salesdept, cn = OracleContext, dc = com / salesdb

Oracle Doc:
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/java.111/b31224/urls.htm#BEIDHCBA

Has anyone managed to make this connection to a domain user and not local to Oracle database?

Thank you.

alt text

0 Karma

kheo_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Windows Authentication Domain setting is only Microsoft SQL database, not for Oracle database as described in the following Splunk Document.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.3/DeployDBX/Createandmanageidentities

Use Windows Authentication Domain: This setting is for identities that connect to Microsoft SQL Server databases. Enable this setting if you need to specify a Windows Authentication Domain.
0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

alter the connect string prototype in the DB Connect db_connection_types.conf file to use a JDBC-Thick (OCI) connection instead of JDBC-Thin, something like this:

jdbcUrlFormat = jdbc:oracle:oci:@TNSALIAS
0 Karma

jfeitosa_real
Path Finder

Hello everyone

I already changed it to oci, but even then it was not possible to connect.

Note: DB Connect supports LDAP connection, you need to specify the LDAP URL in JDBC URL field. Consult your database vendor's documentation on how to generate LDAP URL.

0 Karma

jfeitosa_real
Path Finder
0 Karma

jfeitosa_real
Path Finder

The "Use Windows Authentication Domain" option works only to connect
to Microsoft SQL Server databases?

Tks,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...