All Apps and Add-ons

The examples for RProject App are not working

radhikabhagavat

The examples for RProject App are not working. In fact I see issues with any command using input from the Splunk and passed on to R like:

index=test field1=somevalue| r "output<-summary(input)"

As mentioned above, Splunk->R flow is not working.

However I am able to read an external csv through this app in r command and display the output in Splunk. So R-> Splunk flow is working

Please help as I need to apply R functions on indexed data in Splunk as per my project requirements. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

krwinters11
Path Finder

I don't know if this will solve all of your problems, but there should be an = instead of <- in between output and summary.

0 Karma

krwinters11
Path Finder

you will also probably need to call the source file. The format I use works and looks like this:
... | r "
source('sourceFile.r') 
output = data.frame(functionName(input))
"

And apparently separate lines are very important. If will fail it if it is all on one line...not sure why (@rfujara_splunk)

0 Karma

radhikabhagavat

Thanks for responding back.

The example queries are already using = and not <- and no script file yet.

0 Karma

rfujara_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is there any error message? Why exactly happens?

0 Karma

radhikabhagavat

Sorry for delay in replying :

I see the following error:

index=_internal | head 1000 | table source | r "output=summary(input)"

command="r", R exited with code 1: Error: unexpected input in: "library = new_library input <- read.csv( "c:\windows\temp\tmpwa3cgd" , C:\" Execution halted

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...