All Apps and Add-ons

The examples for RProject App are not working

radhikabhagavat

The examples for RProject App are not working. In fact I see issues with any command using input from the Splunk and passed on to R like:

index=test field1=somevalue| r "output<-summary(input)"

As mentioned above, Splunk->R flow is not working.

However I am able to read an external csv through this app in r command and display the output in Splunk. So R-> Splunk flow is working

Please help as I need to apply R functions on indexed data in Splunk as per my project requirements. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

krwinters11
Path Finder

I don't know if this will solve all of your problems, but there should be an = instead of <- in between output and summary.

0 Karma

krwinters11
Path Finder

you will also probably need to call the source file. The format I use works and looks like this:
... | r "
source('sourceFile.r') 
output = data.frame(functionName(input))
"

And apparently separate lines are very important. If will fail it if it is all on one line...not sure why (@rfujara_splunk)

0 Karma

radhikabhagavat

Thanks for responding back.

The example queries are already using = and not <- and no script file yet.

0 Karma

rfujara_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is there any error message? Why exactly happens?

0 Karma

radhikabhagavat

Sorry for delay in replying :

I see the following error:

index=_internal | head 1000 | table source | r "output=summary(input)"

command="r", R exited with code 1: Error: unexpected input in: "library = new_library input <- read.csv( "c:\windows\temp\tmpwa3cgd" , C:\" Execution halted

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...