All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on builder with Rest API input collecting duplicate events

asimagu
Builder

hi guys

I am using the Splunk add-on builder to collect logs from a 3rd partu REST API. I am using the checkpoint attribute so the collection can be incremental every time.

My problem is that the last event of every collection is always the first one of the next collection, so I am indexing one duplicate event with every new data collection I do.

Example:

First data collection:

Event 1 with date: 1-1-2018
Event 2 with date: 2-1-2018

Second data collection (using the date of Event 2 as checkpoint):

Event 2 with date: 2-1-2018
Event 3 with date: 3-1-2018
Event 4 with date: 4-1-2018

Third data collection (using the date of Event 4 as checkpoint)

Event 4 with date: 4-1-2018
Event 5 with date: 5-1-2018

This is probably a bug in the REST API, but I would like to know if there is a way of getting the checkpoint value and formatting it by adding 1 hour, or day, or minute....

any ideas about how I could get this solved?? I don´t want to index duplicate events...

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...