All Apps and Add-ons

If two different versions of Splunk are used, will it affect my service from sending incoming data to each server?

ichesla1111
Path Finder

Splunk versions being used:
Splunk Server 1 = Version 8.2.7
Splunk Server 2 = Version 8.1.1

Background:
I created a service which monitors different folders for incoming data. When a user places new data into one of the folders, Splunk SPL creates a tailored message for the Virtual Machine (VM) to move the data. If message is received by VM, the VM sends the data through a TCP port to another service which verifies the data. If verified, the data will go straight to the Splunk servers via TCP/IP.

Issue
When I updated one of the servers, my whole data transfer process described above stopped working. My services cannot communicate with the VM anymore.

Error Generated in Splunk Logs:
1. "It seems the Splunk default certificates are being used. If certificate validation is turned on using the default certificated (not recommended), results in loss of communication in mixed-version Splunk upgrades."

2.  "Splunk's properly implemented crypto code resulted in the ciphertext being rejected instead of decrypted when AAD validation failed."

Summary of Question:
Since two different versions of Splunk are running, is it affecting the Splunk SPL ability to send a message to the VM/why my VM is not communicating/working anymore?

Thank you.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Open a support case.

ichesla1111
Path Finder

Okay, thank you!!!

0 Karma

ichesla1111
Path Finder

Update on Error: My TCP is unable to connect to the other computer

"Error TcpOutFd - Connection to host failed, host refused it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...