All Apps and Add-ons

How to resolve Splunk Demisto Add-on version 4 Configuration Error?

tkw03
Communicator

Hello

We recently upgraded Splunk to v8.2.6.  This broke the Demisto integration so I upgraded the app to v4.0. This still has not fixed the issue. The alert will trigger but it does not send to Demisto. Looking in the demisto.log file I found this:

2022-08-08 10:25:42,792 - DEMISTOALERT - INFO - In Main Method
2022-08-08 10:25:42,801 - DEMISTOALERT - ERROR - Error in main, error: name 'basestring' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Demisto/bin/demisto_send_alert.py", line 126, in <module>
    modaction = DemistoAction(sys.stdin.read(), modular_action_logger, 'demisto')
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Demisto/bin/lib/cim_actions.py", line 136, in __init__
    if isinstance(self.sid, basestring) and 'scheduler' in self.sid:
NameError: name 'basestring' is not defined

I went to the configuration page to update configurations but it gives me an error screen:

DemError.PNG

Anyone have any ideas?

Thnaks!

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...