All Apps and Add-ons

How do I display a panel in a dashboard only if it contains data?

dlangone
Engager

I'm creating a multi panel dashboard. At times it may be the case that there will be no data in the panel, such as a lack of an event that I am looking for. How can I supress that panel from being displayed in the dashboard so there are no big blank spaces within the dashboard.
Any suggestions?

nkpiquette
Path Finder

ppablo is correct. By setting a depends attribute you can hide the panel until that criteria is met. I am currently using that method in our tabbed interface to hide dynamic drill down panels.

ppablo
Retired

mm I'm not an XML expert, but I do remember seeing similar posts (that I can't find at the moment) on this topic and most of the time, using the depends panel attribute worked.
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.1/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#Panel_visualiza...

0 Karma

cchitten
Path Finder

you can also use django bindings to make a much more advanced app which can be written in javascript and enables you to remove and add dashboards, panels and views.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...