All Apps and Add-ons

Get input from the query for horsemeter max value

sugan25

I have a requirement to have a horseshoe meter in my splunk xml dashboard. But I don't know , how to dynamically change its max value .

<viz type="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter">
                <search>
                    <query>index=*** source=*** |spath path=testLog.appName output=appName|spath path=testLog.payload.sourceCount output=sourceCount|spath path=testLog.payload.publishedCount output=publishedCount |stats sum(sourceCount) as totalSource sum(publishedCount) as totalPublished </query>
                    <earliest></earliest>
                    <latest></latest>
                </search>
                <option name="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter.maxValue">1000</option>
                <option name="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter.minValue">0</option>
                <option name="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter.useRangemap">true</option>
                <option name="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter.valueColor">#555</option>
                <option name="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter.dialColor">#d0d5d9</option>
                <option name="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter.backgroundColor">#FFF</option>
                <option name="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter.thresholdStyle">percentage</option>
                <option name="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter.minRangeColor">#3fc77a</option>
                <option name="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter.midRangeThreshold">55</option>
                <option name="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter.midRangeColor">#fbcd2f</option>
                <option name="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter.maxRangeThreshold">80</option>
                <option name="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter.maxRangeColor">#b44441</option>
            </viz>

I want something like:

<option name="horseshoe_meter_app.horseshoe_meter.maxValue">$totalSource$</option>

and the chart should be based on totalPublished and the max range should be totalSource . Can anyone please help me to have this.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Click on Edit on the dashboard, click the Format visualization paintbrush icon on the panel, click Color ranges, click Manual, it should be obvious from there.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...