Training + Certification Discussions

Splunk Certification - New Format

dmenon84
Path Finder

Hi,

I am really concerned about the new certification email I received today. Per this email, now the test takers have to go to Pearson Test Centers to appear for the exam which is fine but the part that worries me is that the current Splunk certifications (V6.x) will not be grandfathered into the new program.

Does that mean my current certifications have no value now?

I worked hard to get these, there was huge investment in terms of $ and hours. I don't want the certs to have no value. What do you all think? Please let me know if I am not understanding this correctly.

Thanks,
Deepthi

Tags (1)

woodcock
Esteemed Legend
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Here is what that email says about already certified Splunkers: (read point 2, you get one year to get recertified)

Already certified?  Please visit our recertification page for details. Here are the general guidelines for recertification:
* Current Splunk certifications (V6.x) will not be grandfathered into the new program.
* All V6.x cert-holders will be eligible to register for their current certification exam or the next exam in the series without completing the prerequisite exam(s) for one year.  
* Cert-holders who do not complete the recertification process above by October 1, 2019 will be required to complete the full certification path including all prerequisite exams.

Recertificatin page: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training/recertification.html

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Not sure though if we need to pay some amount to registration for re-certification for that one year period.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...